A New York sports fan in Kansas

Eating, breathing, drinking all that is the Yankees, Giants, Knicks, and Boston Bruins. I am from Massachusetts I should like one local team.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

So long Harry


The resignation of Harry Sinden as the President of the Bruins hits me with mixed emotions. In one respect he had been with the organization since 1961 but on the other hand the Bruins haven't won a Stanley Cup since 1972. He led them to their first Cup in nearly 30 years in 1970 but they haven't won a cup since he returned in the General Manager role in 1972. I read an article on Yahoo today where he says that there was a misconception that he was pulling all the strings since his return. I personally am not buying it, I think it was him that was pulling all the strings. I think that the Jacobs' are an abomination as far as owners go. The Bruins are the Chicago Cubs of the NHL. Through most of the late 70's and 80's the team sold out every game and yet the ownership had complained about not making enough money and spent sparingly. Make no mistake about it, the Bruins were one of the major ringmasters to the whole lockout/lost season debacle. They had no business griping. The bottom line is that they are cheap. I think that is the reason why they traded Joe Thornton and Sergei Samsonov. Granted I do have to give them credit for the moves they had made in this offseason but I only think they made those moves as a response to the reality that they have completely fallen off the sports radar.

2 Comments:

  • At August 10, 2006 2:40 PM, Anonymous BigDaddy said…

    Hey, chowder head, you remind me of Al Gore. You should be in a lockbox with all of this hockey stuff. Stop listening to rightwing extremists, they are stunting your growth.

     
  • At August 11, 2006 9:20 AM, Anonymous The Anti-Bigdaddy said…

    Please if I were Al Gore I would be saying that you should enjoy hockey while you have it because it is going to go the way of the Dodo because all the ice in the world will be melted by global warming. It will be so freakin' hot that even the walls of arenas will not be able to block the heat to maintain ice even if it is indoors

     

Post a Comment

<< Home