A New York sports fan in Kansas

Eating, breathing, drinking all that is the Yankees, Giants, Knicks, and Boston Bruins. I am from Massachusetts I should like one local team.

Friday, August 25, 2006

AAAAAUUUUUUUGH!


I am so glad that the Yankees only have a six game west coast swing. Granted it is a typical west coast swing for the Bombers. They never seem to be kind to us. I am not sweating the fact that the Sox took two out of three in Anaheim (I am sorry but they are just LA wannabees) because they always play well there anyway. Let's just hope the Yanks have the same luck in Orange County. I am feeling pretty damn good about us holding on to the division regardless of what the Sox do. Let me just say that I thought Bobby A. would be a great acquisition but could anyone have possibly expected the kind of production he has had. Well it is only a couple of weeks until the Yanks are in town here in Kansas City. As much as I would love to go I just don't think it would be right for me to go. My Dad who has been a life long Yankee fan, and the main reason I am one, has been in the hospital for 3 months now and won't be out by the time the Bombers come to town so I am going to abstain. My Dad and I always go to the Yankee games together and it wouldn't be right or the same to go without him especially while he is in the hospital. Who knows maybe we can actually make out to a game to New York next year and that would make the wait all the more worthwhile. I know one of our greatest thrills was being able to see a Giants game at the Meadowlands for the first time in our lives back in December of 2001 against the Arizona Cardinals. It was a truly magical experience.

1 Comments:

  • At August 29, 2006 7:24 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    So sorry to hear about your dad :-(

    He's a yankee fan, he'll bounce back in no time!

    As for a Giants game in December, .. screw that! WAY to cold for me.. The meadowlands is usually 15 degrees colder than the actual outside temperature. I'll take my comft couch in December. But I'm sure seeing the game live must have been great! God, I love Giants football! You hear about Pavano? that ass!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home